01 December 2008
Mister Meme to you
2. Slept under the stars . Southern and Northen Hemisphere
3. Played in a band . No. This is why.
4. Visited Hawaii. -No, and I spelled Hawaii the correct way, without all the aboriginal accent crap.
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity .
7. Been to Disney World
8. Climbed a mountain – Although one of them was belittled by Guyk and BobG as a hill, the other were true mountains
9. Held a praying mantis , kept some as pets and do you know after sex the female eats the male.
10. Sang a solo but only when no one is listening. see 3 above.
11. Bungee jumped - I've never felt that shared terror is a strong enough relationship-builder. Having kids is much more terrifying, anyway.
12. Visited Paris or is that Parys. Must add that that was in the then Orange Free State in SA
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Many times, once I was out on a 34’ sailboat and pissed in my pants.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Blogging the way I do it is a dark art at least.
15. Adopted a child .
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables . It' s Africa. It's What We Do.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France .
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight . And wonderful sex afterwards.
22. Hitchhiked. Thousands of miles.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Drunk?
24. Built a snow fort . Snow? What's that?
25. Held a lamb, for cuddling and slaughter.
26. Gone skinny dipping . More than once.
27. Run a marathon . 3 hrs 37 minutes many, many moons ago.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice -.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Safely and thru unsafe devices.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset . On the same day. Easy in Africa.
31. Hit a home run. yeah, baby! And with a baseball bat .
32. Been on a cruise . 3 Months on a sailboat. Many home runs with a female crew of two.
33. Seen Zambezi falls in person. Go and look
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Parents, grandparents, great granddad, great-great grandmother.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language:
37. Have enough money to be truly satisfied .
38. Been the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person . At a Fancy dress party, later I started falling over.
39. Gone rock climbing . Private joke: I have had sex with a few.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David :
41. Sung karaoke . All the customers left and then they stopped me.
42. Seen "Old Faithful" geyser erupt . Many times but only when there are no girlfriend or wife around.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant . For good and for nefarious purposes.
44. Visited Africa. ?????????.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight . It's Africa...
46. Been transported in an ambulance . Drunk, injured and both.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person .
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris .
51. Gone SCUBA diving.
52. Kissed in the rain . Mmmmm....
53. Played in the mud . Mmmmmm....
54. Gone to a drive-in theater . When we were little, the local drive-in had a playground way down in front for the kidlets. We'd go in our jammies!. When we got older this was more of a making out place so we went without our jammies.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China .
57. Started a business .
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia. I've known a few guys in a hurry, however.
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. (Sold Boy Scout Cookies) Voortrekker cakes.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gave flowers for no reason which is, of course, the best reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma . All my work is in vein.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp .
67. Bounced a check . Economic bungee jumping!
68. Flown in a helicopter. Saw my house from above. Cool, and jumped out of plenty.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy .
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar .
72. Pieced a quilt . Voortrekkers again.
73. Stood in Times Square .
74. Toured the Everglades .
75. Been fired from a job .
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone :
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle : I was driving.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person :
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car :
83. Walked in Jerusalem .
84. Had your picture in the newspaper:
85. Read the entire Bible…
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating and eaten it.
88. Had chickenpox . Also had chickens but never had the pox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club .
93. Lost a loved one . My Mother
94. Had a baby: Ouch, how much does "that" cost.
95. Seen the Alamo in person :
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit . Was accused of defrauding lots but was acquitted easily.
98. Owned a cell phone. And have a way of losing the fuckers.
99. Been stung by a bee. And killed that sumbitch.
100. Read an entire book in one day.
Oh. And I've killed a snake with a shovel. It's not on the list, but I like saying it. And I braai’d it and ate it.
You're the second person that has stolen my list! Imitation being the best form of flattery, I thankee.
Links to this post: