04 March 2008

 

Can you top this?

MIA bloggers below
From Libby
Her rendering of the meme
So Kees invented a complicated meme and asked us all to play.
His rules were too complicated so I simplified them a little.
I took the third sentence out of the first post that wasn't just a throwaway reprint of some joke or something.
Which took some scrolling for some of you... It takes a long time to collect them all but it was fun and I was needing to catch up on my reading anyway.
So here's my try at Overheard around the Chatham Artillery Punch Bowl.
As instructed, it starts with a quote from our dearly departed Acidman.
Acidman: They will come again, but I am ready.
Key: Yeah, like that's going to happen.
T1G: Before I could check into it, I got a call from a cousin, letting me know about it, too. Richard: You See! Half of them little guys are smoking and the other half looks sad because they AREN'T...
Marcus: Most you see are really ugly...and stupid...usually done on a dare, or drug/alcohol induced.
Vman: And my crappy cellphone doesn't do it justice.
Yabu: I got my woman out of bed to have a look-see.
SWG: .... 'tis the simple pleasures that drive me, folks..... and the simpler the better.....
Maeve: Yep. simple pleasures in life.
Rube: Me, I'm what you might call a Silmarillion guy.
Elisson: (Who comes up with these kooky star names, anyway?)
Ms Sandy: I can not even believe what I have to do today.
Zonker: It's amazing that we get anything done these days, isn't it?
GOC: I am so pissed at him.
Erica: Hey... Denny may be grouchy, but he is very frichen civilized.
GuyK: I yell all time and nobody listens!
Kees: And take that smirk off your face, pronto.
Catfish: I think we all had a great time.
Redneck: Until next time...
Parkway Jim: The tour is concluded. The bus will depart in fifteen minutes.
And thus ends another successful blogmeet of the Blown-Eyed Blodgers.
[Graphic shamelessly stolen from photoshopper extraordinaire, Elisson]




Her Comments:
Hi Libby
A very instructive an successfull blogmeet, I would say.
Gal, you have done great.
Of course if you are sober, as in your case, it happens easier.
A great case of perseverance etc.
Love ya.
keeskennis Homepage 03.02.08 - 4:54 pm #
.
Bravo! Great job!
Maeve Homepage 03.02.08 - 6:27 pm #
.
Aw shucks. Thanks for the encouragement.
I thought it came out okay but in rereading it, I think I should have switched a couple of more quotes to make it flow better.
Oh well, I'm not going to change it now but I did think it was kind of amazing how the random sentences kind of built a coherent narrative.
Libby Spencer Homepage 03.02.08 - 8:09 pm #
.
This is a rarity: a meme that requires real creativity.
Great job!
Elisson Homepage 03.03.08 - 9:22 am #
.
Thanks El.
Libby Spencer Homepage 03.03.08 - 9:37 am #
.
Hey! I/i> drive the bus at the Jawja blogmeets! (Otherwise, smashing job.)
Omnibus Driver Homepage 03.03.08 - 4:10 pm #
.
Maybe I meant marriages...or voting...or where I'd like to live in California...
Great job on the meme, Libby!
marcus Homepage 03.03.08 - 4:25 pm #
.
Sorry Leslie, I ran out of steam. I knew I was forgetting some important players.
Marcus, LOL. I think the beauty of the narrative is that it's not at all clear what anyone is talking about.
Just like real life.
Libby Spencer Homepage 03.03.08 - 5:10 pm #
.
=====
Comments here:
=====
.... you know, when I finally meet your sorry ass, I'm not going to know whether to shoot you, stab you, or kiss you........ what turmoil you have caused!...
Eric Homepage 03.05.08 - 4:54 am #





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
Listed on BlogShares
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!
Click to give BLOG4REEL vote!