21 March 2008

 

Moulding maudlin

I hate maudlin but everytime I depart for out of country work, I get maudlin.
This is the third day without my premier Pumkin and I already hate the whole world.
Elisson got me partly cheered up when he gave me the sing along here, that "Yay, team!" sent me down a cliff though.

Another take

Wockyjabber

Hilbert Schenck, Jr.

'Twas finite, and the polar cusp,
Orthogonal to the secant lay.
The semi-tacnode operates onT
he Gudermanian of A.

"Beware the integral, my son,
With shape of non-symmetric bell,
Beware old Van der Pol, and shun
The curious vector del."

He took his program in his hand.
Long hours the real root he sought.
Then rested by the storage drums,
And sat awhile in thought.

And as in tedious thought he sat,
The integral without a name,
Rose from a skewed, conformal map,
Diverging as it came!

Pi-e, Pi-e, and x, y, z,
The digital went clicky-clack.
He found the norm in series form,
And brought the work sheets back.

"Oh, hast thou solved the integral?
Here is a raise, my brainish boy!"
He threw his time cards in the air
And clapped his hands with joy.

'Twas finite, and the polar cusp,
Orthogonal to the secant lay.
The semi-tacnode operates on
The Gudermanian of A.

Schenck, Jr., Hilbert, "Wockyjabber". In Fantasy and Science Fiction, May 1960. © 1960 Mercury Press, Inc.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
[ ... {NOT} lots of comment code here, BLOGGER IS EFFING YOU, Leave your comment RIGHT HERE... ] 0 comments

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
Listed on BlogShares
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!
Click to give BLOG4REEL vote!