16 May 2007

 

54

Yes I am 54 today.
I must be getting old as I have a problem deciding where to go for some therapeutic relaxing.

Below are some advert blurbs for 2 places.
Please tell me where I should go for my birthday present/party bash.



The attendant in the elephant swim is on the right.


..



..




..


.

The attendant in the bear swim is on the right.

.

Please advise.

.

Happy Birthday Comments, on this post and on others:

.

Sorry it's late but:Happy Birthday; Veels Geluk Liewe Maatjie; L‡ breithe mhaith agat!; Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!; Ilanga elimndandi kuwe! Penblwydd Hapus i Chi! Heri ya Siku kuu! Hope there's many more!!!

Ator Homepage 05.19.07 - 10:37 am #

.


Happy belated birthday sweetheart...

Chickie Homepage 05.18.07 - 6:00 pm #
.
Kees dear, my photos are average....but all yours are FUNNY! Keep up the good work - and Happy Birthday!

Bonita Homepage 05.18.07 - 3:06 am #

.
I forgot to say 'Happy Birthday, my friend, keep on bloggin'

Rex Homepage 05.17.07 - 3:11 am #

. KK: Ta Rex, maybe my mind will catch up with my actual age sometime, it is about 20 years behind right now.

I would suggest the bear swim, but you had better take the elephant swim. Your wife is nice and I would hate to see her a widow after she kills you.

Rex Homepage 05.17.07 - 3:08 am #

. KK: Yeah, but with a elephant swim I would be as dead.

Hello Papa. HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY. JY is reg, brandewyn het nie brieke nie. Hope the year outshines all the rest. Lots and Lots of love Pierre en Vida. PS ons drink n polisie koffie op jou.
Pierre en Vida 05.16.07 - 10:21 pm
# FROM Here

. KK: Ta Pumpkin, yes brandy has no brakes, enjoy your coffee.

He's just engaging in a spot of car jousting.A very happy birthday to you, Kees!
Rosie
Homepage 05.17.07 - 2:47 am # FROM Here

. KK: Thanks Rosie and I enjoy jousting.

WED, 16 MAY:ATTENTION KEESIE FANS AND FELLOW BLOGGERS - IT IS KEESIES BIRTHDAY TODAY!
Happy Birthday Kees! May you have a fantastic, Klipdrift filled birthday day!Mwah - birthday kiss! xxx Lis
Melissa 05.16.07 - 12:02 pm
# FROM Here

. KK: Thank you Melissa, hope you are well, love to the kids.

.

.

ONE YEAR AGO I POSTED THIS:

Getting older.




I did not start off as young.





And I did not end up as youmg. Damn.



Guyk, Rob , MYSELF and a flippen lot of bloggers should check out THIS site.
She can take pictures.

Hey Bonita do you run a school over weekends that I can attend?. (over the net of course)

The Kees now sports a No 3 cut in the higher regions.

I had box cameras then instamatics and I followed the whole proccess by staying behind by about ten years.

Then I got this Sony.
I battled to use it until I became a woman and asked for some directions.
Good advice cause it is now, once again, an extension of my manliness.

All 3 of my kids got hold of me over the airways to wish the oldtoppie another few years.


.
Comments:
.
Bonita zei...
KeesKennis, Happy Birthday! I hit 62 the other day....so I'm catching up to you (KK: I must explain That I was listed in Blogger as 73 years old at this stage). I'm using an older Sony Mavica, 2.0 mega pixels, made about 5 - 8 years ago.
I ordered it through the company's back stock, as it is easy to use. Point and shoot. No lessons here, just get good color by shooting early in the morning or late in the day. Unfortunately, most of my filming is from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m on canoeing trips, so the color is washed out - but video cameras do just great. Polarized lenses in video cameras do wonders.
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 3:06:00 AM

.

AND THIS:

Even then I was posting more than once a day, call me crazy.

.





This should be an aim for any serious traveler (the only all year entry to the Crater.
Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, traveling in Africa is hard.
Domestic animals, wild animals.
Domestic people, wild people.
All combine to make a 200 km trip into a, 3.5 hour experience, and that is on a good road, in the rainy season add 1 hour at least.





The Crater is about 8300 sq km.
It is 500 meters down from this position to the crater floor.
We are now at about 1950 m above sea level.




It was a mountain bigger than Kilimanjaro.
This is before KeesKennis was born.




It blew its top and the settled down to form the crater.
All the ash and minerals is what keeps the Serengeti going after all these years.

Now it is is a special place.
If you live your life at the normal 100 to 120 km per hour, think of this as life at 10 km per hour.

Magic, surreal.

Olduvai Gorge where your g,g,g,g,g,grandfather started walking upright is about 120 km from here.
The ash from this crater/volcano most probably presevered his footprints for us to marvel about today.

So wear a hat. This is a serious place of respect.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
Listed on BlogShares
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!
Click to give BLOG4REEL vote!