25 April 2009

 

A link from ROB - Treasured


JUNE 12, 2006

HUH?

I ain't sure WHAT HE SAID, but I think he said it well. Reminds me of a poster I kept on my office wall at work for a number of years.

It was a picture of a frog being swallowed by a wading bird. But the frog wasn't being eaten without a fight. He had both hands wrapped around the bird's neck, choking with all his might as his head was going down the bird's gullet and the motto was: "NEVER give up!!!"

Heh. I don't know why I liked that picture so much.

Comments

I get it (I think). The surviving frog swam enough to make the butter. Which was enough for him to get out of the churn. Don't ask me the moral of the story, I don't know.

Posted by: RayH on June 12, 2006 01:16 PM

that same pic has entertained me at the greyhound station everytime i go there :p

Posted by: Peter on June 12, 2006 02:13 PM

Ray you do get it. The tough frog, didn't give up and he eventually churned the milk that would have drowned him, into the butter that gave him a solid enough surface to escape. The moral of the story is don't give up, or you prefer, resolve to go down fighting and you might still win -- just when it seems all hope is lost.

Posted by: LIBBY on June 12, 2006 06:52 PM

I have that very same picture. It was colored by my kids and given to me while I was spending 6 months in the hospital with leukemia. I still have it as an inspiration.

Posted by: Dan on June 13, 2006 12:37 AM

Thanks Acidman, just got back from my roadtrip.
It is very good to hear the wordSmith tell me I told a story "well".

I will post the other picture tonight, I have it somewhere, just have to look.
Thanks again

Posted by: KEESKENNIS on June 13, 2006 09:44 AM

And I sent him this








<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
Listed on BlogShares
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!
Click to give BLOG4REEL vote!