09 March 2009

 

Yes he was, WINSTON RAND…HE WAS A PRETTY GOOD GUY.

Stu asked me in the comments in the post below whether I knew that Winston was gone. 

Some of you, the observant ones, would have seen the link to him under my Side Bar header "TAKE ADVICE FROM THESE PEEPS"

Well here is the whole Post by my dead Friend and the comments.

I was the first to comment when Roomie anounced his death, I was so shocked that all I could say was:

"Yes he was.

I feel with you."
Hence the heading of this post.
And that is why I get: @ Kees: Excellent work! You earn Merit Badge of the day…


Thank You Winston.



Incongruous Moi…

During my daily dip into dictionary.com in search of words with which to describe my discovery of the true meaning of life, I frequently uncover never before seen (with these eyes…) jewels. Such as this one

cen·to [sen-toh] –noun, plural -tos.
1. a piece of writing, esp. a poem, composed wholly of quotations from the works of other authors.
2. anything composed of incongruous parts; conglomeration.
3. Obsolete. a patchwork.

[Origin: 1595–1605; <>

—Related forms
cen·ton·i·cal [sen-ton-i-kuhl] -adjective
cen·to·nism [sen-tn-iz-uhm]
cen·to·ni·za·tion [sen-tn-uh-zey-shuhn] -noun

Hmmmm … anything composed of incongruous parts … I do believe that centonicalmight provide an accurate descriptor of this blog site, nobodyasked.com

9 Comments so far

  1. Jean March 10th, 2008 7:44 pm

    could also be a multi-faceted jewel (the blog, I mean).

  2. Winston March 10th, 2008 7:50 pm

    Awwww, Jean… I thought you meant me for just a moment there…

  3. John B. March 10th, 2008 7:57 pm

    A cool word, sir. Thanks for sharing.

  4. keeskennis March 11th, 2008 3:05 am

    Early Friday evening mockery of the bubbler, “it is 5 inches” Roomie guaranteed, yardstick in hand.

    centocynical … composed wholly of quotations or words from the last 3 or 4 post on this blog.

  5. Winston March 11th, 2008 4:58 am

    @ Kees: Excellent work! You earn Merit Badge of the day…

  6. gerry rosser March 11th, 2008 6:50 am

    Cento: a minor coin nobody will bend over to pick up unless they are supertitious and it is heads up.

  7. Stu Savory March 11th, 2008 8:13 am

    Mine is the floccipaucinihilipilificatory blog ;-)

  8. Jean March 11th, 2008 11:00 am

    Winston, if you were not a multi-faceted jewel you could not have a multi-faceted jewel of a blog :-).

  9. Kay Dennison March 11th, 2008 7:54 pm

    I think you have this right on the money except my blog which echoes with resounding groans — often from your corner! LOL






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
Listed on BlogShares
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!
Click to give BLOG4REEL vote!