Some people in Tennessee have trouble with all those "shalls" and "shall nots" in the Ten commandments. .
Folks just aren't used to talking in those terms.
So, some folks in middle Tennessee got together and translated the "King James" Bible version of the Commandments into "Jackson County" language,....
No joke, read on...
"The Hillbilly's Ten Commandments"
(posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainesboro, TN.)
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No tellin' tales or gossipin'.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Put nothin' before God.
(6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
(7) No killin.'
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don't take what ain't yers.
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.
The Mowhawk Chieftan is going in for some surgery, go and wish this crusty old Marine a speedy recovery.