11 March 2007

 

All Pumpkins have now graduated

At the end of January 2007 a long spell of tertiary education came to and end.

Let me explain.

My three pumkins Tanith, Ondria and Vida have all three now graduated from University and Tanith the one who started the latest is now off the books at the Keeskennis household.

Vida and Ondria started together in 2000 and Tanith joined the juniors in 2001 at the University of Cape town.
Ondria and Vida graduated in 2003 and did their Honours degree in 2004.
Tanith graduated in 2005 and did her honours degree in 2006.

And now a boast, 13 student years and not one failed subject!!

When you as a parent get that kind of commitment and hard work from your kids it makes paying that kind of money easy.

Tanith is now studying for her Masters degree, but she is funding it herself with the help of some bursaries.

So what did their efforts get them?

Tanith: Bsc(Hons) in Chemistry.
Ondria: BA(Hons) in African History and Justice.
Vida: Bsc(Hons) in Quantity Surveying.

Of course I have congratulated them many times but never before on KeesKennis.

Well done Pumpkins.

This post was partly brought on by this post from Guyk.

It mentions 180,000 dollars for a degree. Shit that is very expensive.
My American sister sent her daughter to SA to go to university there and now I know why.
My 3 Honours degrees cost me 125,000 USD and that included living cost, cars and housing.
Off course people in the USA earn more money than I do in Africa, but not that much more.

My Pumpkins was not the richest kids on campus, just the smartest.



Comments:

Once again from Walter Rinders " My understanding is determined by my parents, friends, places i have been. All experiences that have been fed into my mind from living." Thanks papa you rock, without you it would never have been possible. Mwah love you lots
Vida 03.11.07 - 9:17 pm #

Yay for Great Pumpkins- but we knew they would be snmart if they're related to you...
holder Homepage 03.03.07 - 2:59 am #

You must be exploding with pride. Congrats to your kidlets and God bless them. That is truly awesome.
Kim Homepage 03.03.07 - 2:55 am #

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE PUMPKINS!
Lisa W. Homepage 03.01.07 - 9:13 pm #

Money well spent. Congratulations.
LeeAnn 03.01.07 - 6:40 pm #

Huge Congrats to your very clever Pumpkins!
Jayne Homepage 03.01.07 - 6:14 pm #

Excellent! That is really something to be proud of. If my kids manage to do that I'll be on cloud nine.
hammer Homepage 03.01.07 - 4:46 pm #




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker
Listed on BlogShares
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!
Click to give BLOG4REEL vote!